Thursday, November 19, 2009

Eight Miles Wide courtesy of Storm Large

I don't do a lot of just video spots because well, I for the most part would rather review a show or cd, maybe go on a rant or tell you how much I love something. I find it more satisfying to really look into my topic or subject.

Video's generally I find are one dimensional. That being said there are great video's like every single TOOL video or "The First Day of Spring" by the Gandharva's but generally most artists, even ones I like don't really capture me in the three and a half minutes you have to make a video. The ones listed above are few exceptions and I am sure I am forgetting hundreds more but I have seen ten of thousands videos that are just meh...

Storm Large is best known as a contestant on the CBS reality television show Rock Star: Supernova. While I feel she is in the top four hottest women on planet (along with Amanda Marshall, Joan Jett and Reese Witherspoon). I have never been a big fan of her originals. I have given them a fair chance as I have previewed her Myspace sometime ago and even attended her show at the Distrikt here in Regina a couple years back. To me she was another very pretty face with a powering voice that was not used to it's fullest potential.

Storm has a new cd entitled "Crazy Enough" might get a listening yet. Her single "Eight Miles Wide" is brilliant... yes brilliant. I know I say this about a lot of things I am passionate about but for the record I think I am a better person for seeing this video. I believe she has taken sincerity, a no bull shit attitude along with her quirky sense of humour and made a video that will capture you for four minutes and thirty three seconds.

I don't want to tell you too much about it but this video made me laugh, blush and really think about her topic. Not that it relates much to me but to humanity in general. I want to say that the four guys at the end crack me up, but without taking anymore of your time here is Storm Large "Eight Miles Wide".

1 comment: