Saturday, December 5, 2009

Todd Kerns: Spray Bomb You Junkie


I have what I call a holy trinity of Canadian rock n roll. In no particular order they are Robin Black & the Intergalatic Rockstars, Todd Kerns (AOE, SIS and solo) and the Black Halos'.

When you are sick of Nickelback, BTO and such on the radio, dig out your cassettes, vinyl and or cd's and remember that we do I have something to be proud of.

It's Uncle TK's birthday today and I want to wish him a big Happy Birthday. Hopefully he comes though Saskatchewan again soon.

This is a email response I received from him a few years back shortly after the brilliant Static in Stereo disbanded. I was curious where he and his brothers were from as the prairie provinces all claimed them. I felt we Saskatchewan needed something to be proud of. I hoped it was he. SIS was a band which included his brothers John Kerns and Ryan Kerns, and killer drummer Scott McCargar. They were brilliant.

Hey SB! As a matter of fact I have spoken with Robin about doing a tour. Hopefully we'll be able to get our schedules to coincide and make that happen. That would be a blast-Robin Black, The Flairs and TK.

I was actually born in Estevan, Saskatchewan but my family moved to a town in northern Manitoba called Lynn Lake before my first birthday. We moved back to Saskatchewan to a town called Lanigan when I was about 12 or 13. After high school I moved to Regina for a couple of years and then couple of years in Calgary before settling in Vancouver. I have had quite a gypsy lifestyle as you can tell but I call Saskatchewan my Motherland. My parents retired in Saskatoon so I never get to Lanigan anymore.

THE AGE OF ELECTRIC toured western Canada all the time so Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary all lay claim to us. In a way they are all right. After we moved to Vancouver we still considered ourselves from Saskatchewan. I have a tattoo on my left shoulder of the shield from the Saskatchewan flag. I am a proud Saskatchewan boy and always will be.

Thanx for the question SB and I hope to see you again soon on the road! T


Cheers Rockers!

Spray Bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment